Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Sinful Something

Forget love, I'd rather fall in chocolate!

Hmm... i just came across that very recently, and it led to the triggering of such wonderful signals in my nerves, that i felt like i was eating chocolate, tasting it when my tongue had nothing but saliva, smelling it when there was nothing around but the smell of a rotting black banana (which i just chucked btw). Every occasion in my house has been graced by the presence of chocolate cake, God knows why the other flavours were never given a chance! (well am very sure that its because i invariably bought the cakes, and i always wanted to eat chocolate!). I don't know what it is about chocolate....but the taste of melting chocolate on my tongue always makes me say 'heaven' once i'm done swallowing it!

And then there's this other thing about chocolate. I love licking molten chocolate off my fingers! I know so many people who find that utterly disgusting and unhygenic, but to me, its just yum! And because i love doing this, i give dairy milk chocolate bars enough time to melt away to liquidity in my bag and then open them on the bus journey back home...and then lick the chocolate with alot to stare at out of window (including sunsets and cloud patterns, nice buildings and dirty water - colours green and brown). Thats what i call the perfect journey home.

Single pieces of cake, with single candles always make it into the house on birthdays. And there's this bliss one gets out of getting just one bit of that cake. Somehow seems more satisfying than having a whole, big, round cake saying happy birthday blah sitting infront of you! I started writing this post because there's a new bakery that's come up very close to my house... and its called "Sinful something". I loved the name, but i'm yet to check it out. The fat lady behind the counter looks like she does half the eating when she's baking, but she looks very pleasantly plump, like how a chocolate cake seller should be :D Ok, i don't know what that was supposed to mean.

Anyway, this is a tribute to Barista's chocolate excess (still cant thank nidhee and nanya enough for getting me those for my birthday!) And Java green's Death by chocolate, which i eat more often than any other chocolate cake! And well, i love brownies too! :D And maybe i should also say its a tribute to the movie Chocolat. The chocolate in that movie is so mouth watering, and so lovely looking, that it makes you yearn for chocolate to touch your tongue! I remember pausing the movie, getting a bar of mars, and then continuing it. *sigh* well, not to leave out the fact that Johnny Depp so rocked :D Now you know why i watched it in the first place! ;-)

Ok, quite a useless post. But well, what's blogging for?

Yours "Now i feel like eating chocolate cake, dont u?"ly
Signing off.....

6 comments:

tsb said...

you lick your chocolate-covered fingers while on the bus?

interesting.

let me put it this way, divya. i m sure you have the seat to yourself in the bus when you're travelling someplace :)

Div said...

tsb - pretty much :D But tsb, i have done it with someone sitting next to me too! Just that the person would know me personally, accept a part of the chocolate, but refuse to lick it like me! I'd get a "damn div your hands must be dirty, why're u doing that" line :D anyway, no harm in giving my immune system some training is there? ;-)

Anonymous said...

i love melted chocolates too!!absolutely yummmy!!!and ofcourse death by chocolates are the est..i once remember i had to go with amma to some person's reception and i didn't want to go and she said she would get e death by chocolate if we r late by 1/2 hour or so..and we were late by about 1 and a half hours so i got 2 death by chocolates..though the other one went to lav..:P

Div said...

Super! If anyone ever bribed me with death by chocolate, i'd fall for it flat! They so rock... :D

Anonymous said...

That was one scrrrrrrrrumptious post..Man chocolates = Heaven...Gimme poison pills glazed in dark chocolate i'll consume it !!..Keep such slurpalicious posts coming :)

Div said...

nithya - poison pills? LOL but yes, chocolates = Heaven!