Saturday, September 23, 2006

Blabberations - 2

Something i did not know- Orlando Bloom has technophobia. He cant keep track of new technology! He does not own a computer, has no email id, and has never visited his space! But he's getting a computer soon...

I love rain. But i hate getting drenched. I hate the 'serru' (slushy mud...whatever!) on the roads after the rains. I hate walking through pools of water (esp in college...we get delayed for lunch!). I hate it when my helmet, hanging from my bike has a mini 'koovam' with mosquitoes flying over it. The only thing i like about rain is watching it and smelling the soil, and feeling the droplets falling on my fingers and maybe the sound. Does that mean i hate rain more than i love it?

Lifts/elevators are wierd. I live on the 3rd floor...sometimes it feels like its taking me ages to reach up there, but sometimes the lift stops even before i realise where i am. Why? Maybe it takes ages when i'm hungry, and takes hardly a second when i'm not thinking about reaching home...lol.

Is 30 seconds a long time? I thought not...but i realised how long 30 seconds could be when we were doing an experiment in the lab where we had to note down the readings from a spectrophotometer every 30 seconds. Phew! Sure is a long wait...Dont know how many times i
said "Innum 30 seconds mudiyalaya?"

Have you ever tried saying your name aloud when you are alone? Am telling you, it can be one of the craziest things that one can do! I've done it...and found it so wierd to pronounce my name the way it is, and found it wierd that i respond to such a pronounciation! i remember saying
'div-ya, divya, di-v-yaaa' lol! Same thing happens when you look at your face in the mirror for a while longer than required...you wonder, oh my God is this my nose? Are these my eyes? Is this how i look! How come i've looked the same from the day i was born! Does anyone get crazier?

I find this mad pleasure in spreading a blanket over someone who is asleep! My mother, my cousins, my brother! And also in removing my mom's glasses resting on her nose, and the the book from her hand when she falls asleep reading...

Sometimes, there's this thing about you that you are aware of, but refuse to accept. But
everything has a place and time...and when acceptance comes, when you have grown enough to
acknowledge that 'thing' about yourself, its painful. It kills you from the inside. Its like a punishment. But once you've come to terms with yourself, its a great feeling. Its like...the completeness that arises out of paying repentance for a misdoing. Its the feeling of completeness that dawns upon you when you know you've got what you deserved, be it bad or good. Hell, it takes so long to know oneself completely, and accept oneself for what one is...just makes me wonder how those 2 things are done to others! It can only happen when a person is placed on a higher regard than oneself...dont you think? Or maybe most of the time, we end up accepting, irrespective of whether we know or not. After all, ignorance is bliss ain't it?
UPDATE - dear readers! pl do me a favour...In one of my posts, i'd talked abt a singer... check this ...Check the 2nd last comment, and please tell me if one of u left that comment! Or if the singer himself visited my blog...aaaaaah am going mad!!!! Just came across it now...after MONTHS! damn...

Yours "blab mouth strikes again" ly
Signing off...

21 comments:

Div said...

Please please... someone tell me, was that devan!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hi :)

Div said...

oh no...this is unfair! am sure i know who'd posted this comment if not the one on the other post!

:P

Anonymous said...

hey divs
nice post i liked that "staring at urself in the mirror part" of ur post,dats really true , dat 'oh i look this way ahhh' feel does happen often,lolll n even calling out ur own name wen no1 is there arnd,very weird feeling :) ,n dat comment frm devan in ur prev post sounded 2 realistic,n believable loll ;)(hmm cud it be the real 1 ???)

Div said...

sand - :) i start wondering how people recongnise this face and all sorts of nonsense man...and abt the comment, i dont know! Whether that comment was original or not, the 2nd comment on this post, is definitely fake!

Shruti said...

divs
was that devan?? :D :D

and dont try to list down the "rain - For and Against". We all love rain, despite the puddles, the muck , the mosquitoes and the mayhem :) The first shower's always made ME smile for sure!

Div said...

shruti - Which one r u talkin abt? the comment on this post, or the one on the prev post? Cuz the one on this post is def not devan, but the one on the old post just might have been him! :)

And yep, i guess i do love rain after all! :D Sure does make me smile too...

Anonymous said...

how do you know im not devan?

who could impersonate me? :@

Anonymous said...

I hate the rain but love getting drenched!!

You don't get your comments in mail ?? You should enable that option. See how much you miss! (Same as archiving i guess ;-B )

Anonymous said...

Wow... what a nice thing to happen :)

Div said...

devan - how do i know u're not devan? And u really want to know who could impersonate u? ;-)

anish - thats a contrast now! love getting drenched, but hate rain? I think a shower wud satisfy your needs! :D
Yeah maybe i should start gettin my comments mailed to my inbox...hmm...

raytracer - first, welcome! wat exactly were u referring to as a nice thing to happen? And...are u from VM?

Anonymous said...

arghh...i just left a huge commect and it got deleted!!anyway...yeah it was surprising that orlando bloom doesn't have an e-mail id..
i love rain..and getting wet when it's pouring...but i hate the consequnces of it..having a head bath..getting a coldd..aahh...i hope someone invents an instant dryer or something..
and about the name thing...i know it seems so weird..not only for ur name but other names too..if u keep repeating it it sounds soo weird
yeah and the time thingy is true too!!depending on the situation it can be sooo long and soo short
so devan actually visited ur blog ??wow divs..ur blog's getting some publicity..that is if that person is really devan..ah u can never be sure in cyberspace....

Shruti said...

divs!
this is getting to be QUITE the debate!!
Devan or not devan? that is the question :D and frankly, I'M very curious!!

Div said...

suk - How was your excursion??? And 'yes' to everything u said! And i don think my blog is gettin any sorta publicity...the comment was posted in april, and discovered in september! No publicity at all...!

Shruti - I'm equally curious...but my guess is that the comment on the old post was devan's. Cuz i did a google search on 'singer devan' and that post of my blog is the 2nd link...!!! The one posting on this post, is definitely not devan. I have quite a hunch as to who it is... :D

Anonymous said...

yeah excursion was really good...but then this devan guy commented for this post to didn't he?if he really is devan then ok...but if it's someone faking it then that person must be totally jobless!

Div said...

suk - nice to know our excursion was good. And well...like i've already said....the devan comment on my old post was original, but the one on this post is definitely fake. And yes, the person faking is definitely jobless!or just likes some fun once in a while... :D

Anonymous said...

hey hey on u doing a search..i don't think that'll provide any proof because in google when u search for singer devan they search for both of the words separately and since you have used both the words..i guess ur blog was the 2n link

Div said...

exactly Suk... thats why it came 2nd. I think thats wat devan did too! and ended up reading the post :D

Anonymous said...

devan did a google search on his name..?y so?height of joblessness?

Div said...

suk - its called ego searching! i've done it too... n all the came was some vidya mandir name list!!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

ego searching..lol!!