Friday, October 20, 2006

WEird as WEird can get...(updated)

UPDATE oct 23rd, 2006 - Happy Birthday dear bloggg!!!! :D Or is it happy anniversary? ;-) Whichever it is, its been one year since i started putting down episodes from my mind, opinions on various issues, crazy rants, various feelings etc into this blog...and its been a wonderful experience. A big thankyou goes out to all those people who read this blog, and leave their comments, and make me feel like continuing this activity...make it worthwhile. Thankyou so much, love you all and God bless!! I hope you have as much fun reading my posts, as i have writing them. Looking forward to continuing this for a very very long time :D

I have been tagged by shruti to write 6 weird things about myself. Considering i am such a crazy person, this should not have been so difficult for me...but only when I started thinking did i realise how difficult it is! So...here's what i think is weird about myself.

1. I talk to inanimate objects :D And my football tops the list! I can think of so many coversations i have had with my football after kicking it left and right! Once i even said "Am sorry i impart so much pain unto you...but i love you so much!" I know i must be out of my wits to be publicizing this...but hell! I remember that convo very well! Other things i talk to regularly include one of my soft toys, stars, well, i better not go further into this! For the love of my own image!

2. Since we're on the topic... I fabricate conversations out of thin air! Between myself, and anyone! And those conversations can get pretty long, and interesting too! :) And trust me, they're carried out with so much emotion and action... its a monoact! yes,I am crazy!

3.I know i'm a girl...;-) ok, sad way to start. But yes, when i change my earrings, its quite an 'issue' in class! "Divya, yenna visesham? Earrings change pannite?" yes, i don't ever bother...with earrings, or any other accessories! I change my earrings maybe twice a year, not more! And i've been told by so many people that i should style my hair or do something worthwhile with it... but...No, it remains. Unleveled, straight with curly ends. Don't know if it'll ever happen! Guess am not too much of a girl eh? ;-)

4.When i fall in love with a song, i go to the extent of literally 'mugging up' the lyrics from wherever, and listening to the song non stop! No other song for days...and sing the song also non stop! I know i've mentioned this before...yes, my bench mate in class definitely has a tough time!

5.I like taking photographs of shadows. Some of you have seen them ;-) I find it immensely interesting...sort of like the blackness of a shadow has some character that a normal picture doesn't have. And thats why, however late i am for college early in the morning, i just don't realise it when i am looking at my own shadow on the wall, cast by the rising sun...its a black and yellow combination that just drives me towards the camera...and just makes my morning!

6. Aah...the last! Hmmm... I don't need alcohol to get drunk! I keep saying i can get high on air! My mom used to think that something happens to me after 11.30pm...she'll tell my cousin or my bro "paithiyam pudichurthu da!" (she's gone mad) and i do the craziest things when am in that 'phase'...chuck pillows at my mom, just keep laughing for everything, opening my bro's eyes with my index finger and thumb when he's just drifting into slumber land and probably even get slapped for that!, keep talking continuosly and not allowing my cousin to sleep...and the likes :)

So there goes...weirdo divya for you!

And... The noise here is tearing my ear drums! But, its the festive season, its the biggest festival of the year...its smiles, and happiness,and ghee sweets, and new clothes, and drowsy head-baths at 5 in the morning (or slightly later, considering me!)...HAPPY DIWALI!!

Comments secn - Tell me what you think is weird abt me, please!

Yours "does anyone get crazier?"ly
Signing off....

38 comments:

Anonymous said...

The weird thing about weird is that its spelt wEird ! I didnt want to go english saar on u, but i couldn't resist!! ;-B

Cool post!

P.s.- 5:30 in the morning is not when my mind works at its usual light-speed. I'll think of some weird things about u soon and post!

Div said...

anish- Now i cant resist - English saar!! ;-) lolz...looks like u were really vetti early mornin!

But yes... i've been spelling it this way all my life! I better correct it, thanks!

and, waiting for the 'weird' stuff u promise to post ;-)

Anonymous said...

except for number 3 and part of number 4, i dont think anything else is weird ... its fun and interesting to do those things! thats how to live life!
and btw ... the songs that im listening again n again now .... New York Nagaram (ARR ... every once in a while he deals a masterpiece! sings it himself too!! sheesh!) , oru naalil and Going thro Emotions (Pudupettai) .... yeah and obv, learnt the lyrics too :D

Shruti said...

hey divs!!
i can see u've rised to the occasion marvelously!!
i'm only gonna comment on what i'm expert at :D :D getting high without alcohol - lol.. honestly,. it happens with
*too much coffee
*too little sleep
*too many assesments
*too much mental trauma..
the list goes on :D :D
nice post!
and happy diwali to you tooo!!!

Shruti said...

oops.. typo there. RISEN to the ocasion, sorry!

Anonymous said...

lol..nice post..but all those stuff you mentioned..not exactly weird..and talking to inanimate objects is pretty much normal..but the ""Am sorry i impart so much pain unto you...but i love you so much!" lol..def. weird.
and yeah i get hooked onto songs too..and ah i get high too..when i'm totally bored and jobless!:D

Div said...

ram - nice to have u here after long. ANd well... tha post was wat I think is weird abt me :D so maybe u guys don think thats so weird...but its weird to me :) and lets not get started abt rahman... he's a genius. And new york nagaram IS indeed my song for the time being!

Shruti - :) i guess we have something else in common now! I totally understand...lol...though i dont even need too much coffee to get there! and abt the RISEN...i was corrected first thing in the morning and WIerd and WEird ;-) so i think its just some thing to do with the day!! Ni9ce way to pass it off don u think? ;-)

Suk - Like i said, The things i mentioned...are wat I think is weird abt me :) SO U GUYS LIST WHAT U THINK IS WEIRD ABT ME!! :D and well... the footbal thing... thats just me! :D

Ram said...

blogging activity seems to have reduced ... drastically!
or is it just me ...

Div said...

ram - true. its reduced :(

Nikhil said...

The stuff you've put down are not weird AT ALL

Divs, your weird rating is wayyy down.

Ok, maybe that shadows thing is weird.

[God, if all this is weird for you, what'd you call ME?? Super weird?? ;-)]

Anonymous said...

well...let's see...ah i can't think now..so i'll tell you when i think of something..:)

Nikhil said...

And hey, I updated!

Div said...

nik - :( am not so weird? that is disappointing indeed! I thot i was the craziest person on earth! ok... i still am to myself :D that should do! ;-) n i shall check thy blog...

Suk - yes, pl think!

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!when's the treat?

Div said...

suk - treat huh? for things like this! amnt i treatin u b playin footbll with u? ;-)

Anonymous said...

hey mam
i knw evry1's been telling u this over n over again , sry man but those things are not all that weird na, getting obseesed wid a sng n talking 2 inanimate things -very normal loll ,
hey ok b4 u again say " Like i said, The things i mentioned...are wat I think is weird abt me :) SO U GUYS LIST WHAT U THINK IS WEIRD ABT ME!! " i ll stop
well u knw which weird act of urs i completely understand,'d getting d highs widout drinking' how much both of us crack up in coll when we r drunk wid an overdose of those boring lectures loll ;)

tsb said...

you didnt mention who bought you into the blogging world.

and you're welcome :)

Anonymous said...

;) ofcourse

Div said...

sand - yes totally!!!!!! N i LOVE IT when it happens;-)

tsb - now to all my readers... I started blogging, but it was tsb who made me reveal my blog!!! is that ok tsb? n who told u i was goin to say thanks? ;-)

suk - :D

Shruti said...

happy anniversary.. happy anniversary.. happy anniversary.. HAAAAAAAPY anniversary!

(i hope you know the tune that goes with it!!! if you dont, refer The Flintstones :D )

Div said...

shruti - not familiar with the tune :( why don u gimme a call n sing it sometime? ;-)

n thanks!

Nikhil said...

Congratulations!
Rock on, girl!

Div said...

nik - Thanks! :) U're still stuck to rock on? U once signed in one of my books sayin "rock on"! cool!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats!! As the popular line goes.......TREAT ?? ;-B

Nikhil said...

'Rock on' sounds cool, right?
Hey, and didn't you have a music book? Or was it Lavanya??

Div said...

anish - thanks! and there we go, yet again stuck with the golden word of our conversations! TREAT! How many pending? lol! when suk asked me for a treat, i told her that me playin football with her is a treat by itself... so if u could pick somethin as good, then we'll see ;-)

nik - yeah it sounds cool! And the music book was lavanya's.

Nikhil said...

Ah, yes, now I rmbr, it was hers.
She'd hid it in my bag, instead of giving it to me straight.
Pah, was I that scary?!
:-/

Div said...

nik - LOL!!!! hehe! i rmbr that too! Gawd... u weren scary... but people were definitely intimidated by your nerdy-ness, quizy-ness, apparent brainy-ness... hehe! I rmbr that incident so welll!!

Anonymous said...

hi divs.. i left u a small note on the post u did back in march..hows u doing??Take care..mail me at crazydevan@yahoo.com

devan

Div said...

devan - Nice of u to drop in again. I'm doing good and trust its the same with u. U take care too. Thanks for leaving your mail id.

if any of u did that for fun, its *tongue out* to u!

Anonymous said...

ya rite! kanjoos

Div said...

anish - come on! The days our treats happen, we wont be able to discuss them or argue over them, and that, will so largely affect our topics of conversation! Now now, aint that a loss? ;-)

Anonymous said...

nope its me only..love ur marriage blog topic..take care

Div said...

devan - thanks :) then i suggest u comment on that post instead of this one. U take care too.

Anonymous said...

I have no scarcity of topics to argue on.

Div said...

anish - ipo yena? treat kuduthe thiranom nu solreya?

Vinod Ramamoorthy said...

Hey Divs ,

Thanks for dropping by my blogspace! Could nt resist commenting on this amazing post :). I just love being in an iyer wedding. So much to see :). And the best thing is ofcourse the chaapadu :D..Its been long since I had one :(.. And if the marriage is of anyone in ur family then the excitement doubles :)

I always pity the girl and guy who have to keep smiling non stop through out the two days :)

Nice post!

Div said...

vinod - Looks like you commented on the wrong post :)No big deal, Thanks for dropping by! and well yes, i love the chaapadu too, thats why i was furious abt the change in the menu! marriages are alot of fun when someone in your family is tying the knot! Very true!but they can be very boring if you don't know anyone around...and thats exactly wat happened to me! But ofcourse, u can always marvel at the maami mama talk and the pattu podavai fuss ;-)