Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Insignificance

UPDATE: 20/01/07 - Happy birthday Devs!!!!!!!! Hope you have a day as rocking as ever. And well, you could say same to you if you want! :D And may your day, your year, and every other day be...brighter than SUNSHINE ;-) Have a great day!!

Can one ever lead such an insignificant life that its acknowledgement wouldn't be necessary? If i say yes, it would contradict the words you see under my blog title. But considering the past 5 days, maybe i will have to contradict those words! You wait for holidays, they come, and before you know it, you're typing a post about how they're all over, and you don't know where the hell they went away to so fast! The pongal season is always looked forward to...if not for the pongal, atleast for the holidays! And being in chennai, i spent one whole day glued to the television. And the other days seem like a haze now. I do remember that i watched Guru :) And that i rode along besant nagar beach at 1.00pm, with the hot sun trying to penetrate my skull. I watched 3 movies, two of which were filled with japanese - chinks. I've always thought that ALL chinks look the same. If there's one thing those 2 movies made me realise, its that they DO look different after all! And one of those movies, i really liked. The last samurai. Am in no mood to write about the movie. The other movie was Memoirs of a Geisha.

Well, since i did say that all that happened was insignificant, lets move on to the only thing i could say holds some significance. I did something i never did as a kid, and never thought i'd ever do. I SWALLOWED MY RUBBERBAND! The one on my braces (i dont think i've gone to the extent of swallowing the one i use to tie up my hair yet!). The realisation of the missing rubberband first took me to all rooms of the house, to find out if i'd removed it and kept it somewhere...but well, no trace of the green thing anywhere! Considering i'd just finished my dinner, i had to accept the hard truth...that my stomach had been invaded by something my teeth would never grind, and my intestines would never digest! *sigh*

And so i live on with the insignificance... its sort of fun in a way, but it makes one lethargic, and sleepy, and bored, and unwilling to move out of the house and catch a bit of sunshine, burried in one's own thoughts, thinking about the hurdles to cross, wondering whether one is destined to do what one is presently doing... i end this post with the most significant lines i have heard in these few insignificant days...

Katsumoto: You believe a man can change his destiny?
Algren : I think a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed.
----The last Samurai

Yours "Perfect...They're all perfect" ly
Signing off...

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

The average time for non bio-degradable, non digestible object to pass through a human system is 7 years. Believe it or not!

Anonymous said...

our insignificant lives are significant enough for us to keep writing about them.. maybe if we keep writing, the insignificance would become a little less ..er.. significant :D
whatever divs.. i still like to read about your green rubberbands! so keep the insignificance coming.. join the party!!!

Div said...

anish - Give me proof :)

shruti - :) U'll get as much of the green rubberbands as u want! And the insignificance too ;-) and yeah i agree...we keep writing to make the insignificant seem significant :) not bad at all!

Anonymous said...

I feel equally insignificant at present..so join the club :):D, ur rubber band are green tooo??and please please don't ever goto the extent of swallowing the rubber band u use to tie up ur hair, it would be absolutely disgusting, besides i don't think it is humanely possible to swallow such a big thing, which is covered with cloth, and if somebody has done it please let me know, i would def. like some entertainment!"I think a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed."..that's a nice line

Div said...

suk - Thanks for elaborating on why it is humanely impossible to swallow the hair rubber band! covered with cloth n all lol...and my rubber band being green is an utter coincidence :) Or maybe my dentist somehow found out my fave colour n gave me green rubberband! Now isnt that a much more entertaining way to look at it? ;-) I love the line.

Anonymous said...

Wait for 7 years! U'll get ur proof

Anonymous said...

You swallowed your green rubberband ????? ROFL... This is the first time I am hearing (or rather reading) such a thing happen...ROFL again !!

How was Guru ? Did u like it ?

Div said...

anish - Not good enough! U'll haveto try harder!

Nithya - I did indeed swallow my green rubberband! :) Quite glad there aren too many people around the world doin that!

I did like guru :) i give it to abhishek!

Anonymous said...

you're welcome..u see i was totally jobless..otherwise why would i elaborate on why it is humanely impossible to swallow hair band!yeah maybe the dentist did find out..mmmm were u wearing a green dress on that day?if u did maybe that's how he found out..or maybe green is his fav. colour too?!

Anonymous said...

you're welcome..u see i was totally jobless..otherwise why would i elaborate on why it is humanely impossible to swallow hair band!yeah maybe the dentist did find out..mmmm were u wearing a green dress on that day?if u did maybe that's how he found out..or maybe green is his fav. colour too?!

Div said...

suk - Lovely! We're comin up with theories never heard of in the history of mankind ;-) Sure is one of those reasons! lol... and i see i have a fellow jobless being for company!

Anonymous said...

Happy b'day!!hope u have a great year ahaed which will be just as crazy and eventful as the previous one!
i know!tests can do stuff to you..lateral thinking :D yeah maybe is one of those reasons, or maybe now that u r going to go to him today, u can ask him..ok just kidding. and yes u do :D

Div said...

suk - thanks so much!! I also hope this year will be just as crazy, if not crazier! Lets not even get started with wat tests can do to people! and abt my dentist, am goin to let the reason remain an enigma ;-) there's some excitement in the unknown! Ok gone!

Anonymous said...

you're welcome!let the reason remain an enigma...mmm ok..

Div said...

suk - i was kidding! my dentist loves me! ;-) He hasn taken my braces off! one more month apparently.

Anonymous said...

hey...i guess the swallowed rubberband has added some significance to ur life, in the way that it has reminded u of ur existance,and maybe the importance, or in this case the significe of it..!anyways what a day to talk abt ur insignificance!its ur birthday(rather was)!!and i bet the day told u how significantly u are!!
and someone i know really likes the line too...i dont get it completely though...a man does what he can until his destiny reveals itself??then is his destiny a consequence of his actions or is it something thats predetermined??its a double meaning(not perverted)thing i dont like!!but yeah, who ever came up wit it, sure knows how to confuse ppl!i like karla's line better:luck is what happens to u when fate gets tired of waiting!!lol!!i love her!!

tsb said...

rubberbands are nothing.

back in the age when my teeth were falling, yours truly swallowed a record 3 teeth without one's knowledge. and this occured when one was eating kadlakai barfi.

it really did scare one's mother for a bit, but one was still the butt of one's family jokes for a period of time.

:(

Div said...

lav - :) So u think my birthday added some significance to my life huh? It sure did!!!!!! :) Was one fabulous day...They're these amazing friends i have who never allow my b'day to go by like just any other day...its a marked day in the history of my life, and will always be. Am plannin a whole post on it, so let me not start here itself! And abt that line, and abt destiny...double meanin indeed! Thats why destiny is so debatable...thats why its difficult to believe in... it cud be pre-determined, but its your actions that lead to it... on the other hand, your actions happened because they were meant to according to destiny! LOL... and i love karla's line too! And i dono if i love her though ;-) But i do love some aspects of her character. Some book that.

Div said...

tsb - !!!!!!!!!! Am definitely not competing with u! not one, but 3?! Super! did u swallow all 3 at the same time? when u were eating the barfi! oh God. Well, u're stil alive, and kicking! so i guess nothing shud go wrong with me either ;-) Considerin my dentist just laughed it off when he heard abt it!

Anonymous said...

aaaahh ur dentist loves u?no wonder u love ur braces!!one more month....long time and write that post about ur b'day fast!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, now your body must feel quite flexible on the inside!

Div said...

suk - one month can be really quick actually! I shall try n love my braces dearly for one more month :) golden years of my life
;-). And ya... will try to get the post on!

vinesh - Welcome! I genuinely have no idea abt the flexibility ;-)

Anonymous said...

hey diva
1st of all belated happy bday ;) k dat was only frm d blog point of view, hope u had a grt day cos it was a spcl day - ur 20th bday - feel all grwn up n responsible? am sure u dont ;) - n luks like dat swallowing d Green band has bcum d tlk of d twn i mean talk of d blog loll be carfeul bewdi ;) 4 dat atlst hope ur braces cums of sooon

Anonymous said...

sry d last comment was by me only, u wud hav figured dat out but still , 4got 2 type my name :) loll

tsb said...

your bday?

bah. i need a bday reminder calendar and stuff :$

happy bday, though :)

oh, and i swallowed my teeth at different intervals. that was before i decided to experiment on my teeth.

dont ask :shifty eyes:

Div said...

sandy - did u just say feel responsible?! LOL...thats impossible when i'm around you guys! But well yeah, it feels very big! And i'd have known the comment was yours even if u din say...no one else on this blog calls me diva :)or bewdi! And it does look like my rubberband's makin quite some buzz! And sand, thanks a pile for everything u did... was great :)

tsb - Thanks!!! :) and well, good work with the teeth there!