Sunday, January 21, 2007

20 on 20th!

Through the times of insignificance rose a moment of significance. A moment that turned into an hour, and eventually, a day never to forget. Like i'd already mentioned in the comments section of my previous post, i have these amazing people around me who never let my birthday pass by like just any other day... This post is a tribute to each one of them, whose wishes i'll carry along with me for life, and whose doings are never to be forgotten. I don't think things get better! One of my friends very correctly stated that the 20th of january will tell me how non-insignificant life actually is! I agree. Its some great feeling, and one never gets tired of sayin thanks. So once again, to each one of you, who made my day what it was, Thanks a million! God bless you all!

Right from my 12 o' clock wishes, and the before 12 wishes (people who said, am very sure i wont be able to catch you at 12, so am wishing you before hand even if its technically not yet 20th!), the sms', the day calls, the ISD calls, and std calls, the mails, the cards, the gifts, the visits...each of those...made me feel so... significant! And ofcourse, all those were all the better with the first round of chocolate pastries, which were dutifully squashed onto every member's face, thereby giving the photo a title "cake faces", and the 2nd HUGE, yummy, chocolate, full, round cake with 20 freaking candles on it, in a dark room... *sigh* surprises make the heart overwhelm with...i don't know what! I'm finding it difficult to put to words what i felt... but if there's one thing thats for sure, it was a postitive feeling...it was something euphoric! It was one of those rare days when i had no problem whatsoever in displaying my braced teeth, and not artficially, in genuine smiles, and surprisingly, my mouth didn't want to stop doing it! It didn't hurt...from the minute i woke up to a number of msgs on my cell, to 11.00pm when the last guests left...to much later, when i finally drifted into slumber. The whole day seemed too good to be true... like it happened to someone else, or to some part of me that didn't exist till that minute, and then suddenly became a part of the different parts that make me.

The day was probably the ONLY good thing my college has ever done to me. We were taken aback, and very very happy when saturday was declared a holiday... it was all perfect! There wasn't a single moment which came close to being sad...except this realisation of the number 20! 20 somehow feels BIG. Really BIG! Like all your young and sweet days are gone forever...like its defining a whole new phase in life. Like hell, my mom got married when she was around 20!! That should say something now! Any comments on that? ;-)

I don't want to list out the names of people who i'd like to thank, for the fear of missing out anyone. So... to ALL of you out there, who made 20/01/2007 my best birthday ever, who kept me smiling the whole day, who made me nostalgic to the point of tears, who spread warmth with the first sound of voice, who left my palms stuck to my mouth in awe, who made me chuckle with the teasing tones, who said it all in one look, one deed, one word... THANKYOU! Love you all! You know there's this song...in which someone's being asked the most she's said with just one word... For this moment, i'd say my word 'thanks' means a million things, but still, if not the most, its the least i can say! God bless!

PS: I paid my dentist a visit too on my b'day. Looks like he wanted to see me too! But well, he didn't give me the gift i was waiting for.... :( he didn't take my braces off! But he promised me that 17/2/07 is goin to be the day! :D

Yours "days to be remembered, perfect...they're all perfect..."ly
Signing off....

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Belated Bday Wishes...Sorry didn't know that earlier...Great to kno that u had a great day :)
Sorry again for the belated wishes..Keep smiling (Keep Flashing that Metallic smile I mean atleast until the 17th of Feb :P)

Div said...

Nithya - thanks :)!!! And sure i'll keep flashing it! n pl don say sorry.

sathya said...

well its amazing birthdays can make such an impact..god bless

Anonymous said...

Belated B'day wishes Divs ... Have a funtastic year ahead :)

Anonymous said...

seeing as you dint reply to my msg, i can only assume that
a) you've changed numbers
or
b) you got too many of em that day :)
haaaappy birthday again divs.. have a great chocolaty year ahead :D

Anonymous said...

good to know u had a great day and that brought a moment of significane to know you u do mean alot to people and that u def. aren't insignificant to them!:)and u had 2 cakes??2 CHOCOLATE cakes??and pizza...not fair

Div said...

sathya - :)

Vinod - thanks alot!

shruti - I din reply to your msg huh? Now that feels very rotten. To my knowledge, i replied to every msg that i got. Like i already said, i din have a prob replying to msgs n never got bored of sayin thanks! My number still is the same... maybe i shud msg u sometime n see if yours is the same! Funny thing being, i even replied to some unknown numbers! Anyway, thanks so much shruti, n really sorry abt not replying. And well, i also hope the year's goin to be chocolaty! :D

Div said...

suk - yeah some realisation! And well, don complain abt my 2 cakes and pizza, i believe we have an appointment in the near future ;-) Just gimme 2 or 3 days, and i'll make it happen!

Anonymous said...

:) good good, you can take your time and have a treat for men lav together also i don't mind but tell me in advance i'll make sure i'll be patni on that day before u take me :D:D actually am just kidding u don't have to give me a treat :)

Maharaj Nilesh ki jai ho! said...

divya...welcome to the twenty ka grp..lol m leavin the grp soon...big girl divya has become...n with every bday u learn something..n takes exactly a yr to learn new things yeah...m i crappin..yes i am...i wish i was here in madras..

Anonymous said...

@divs:
thats alright i'm just hoping you got the msg on the day :D

Div said...

suk - very sly! be patni it seems! LOL... was the death by chocolate enough? or do u want more? ;-)

nil - thanks man! And well yeah, we do learn something every birthday :) it'd have been nice to have u here... but hell, u were the first person i spoke to after i woke up! I was sitting in bed, and i got a call from oooty!! woo hoo! ;-)

shruti - aah, i got your wishes :) Thanks!

Anonymous said...

:D ah it's ok death by chocolate was enough!!thanks alot for it though!!!

Div said...

suk - u're welcome :)

Maharaj Nilesh ki jai ho! said...

aah see..i made a std call then..plus roamin...its like an international call..u can tell ur frens...u ve a internationally local fren..who had called from abroad it was damn cold too below ten..m crappin now..i stopped!

Anonymous said...

"Keep Flashing that Metallic smile I mean atleast until the 17th of Feb :P" why till 17th only? well i guess none of my business.. anyway.. was browsing through someone's blog and saw urs too out there.. so thot of dropping a commment.. ;)
Belated wishes for ur Birthday..

Div said...

nil - Yeah std call! Honoured! :D

Ankur - Welcome! Yeah i suppose its anish's blog u were browsing through :) And abt the metallic smile - i wear braces. So i very fashionably call my smile a metallic one... and its only till the 17th of feb cuz my dentist has tentatively planned to pull them out on that day! Thats all there is to it. And thanks for the wishes :)

Anonymous said...

divya update??

Div said...

suk - :( exams! and work :( Soon soon.

Anonymous said...

ah but ur exams were supposed to have gotten over by yesterday(or day before)ok u have to finish that presentation about cancer n stuff?

Div said...

suk - No, i had some other work :S But well, will update soon!

tsb said...

presentation about cancer?

woot. i had to write a 10 page article on diffuse B-cell lymphoma and give a presentation of it in front of a huge class.

and going by how lucky i am, my prof's grandfather died of the same cancer as well, so i had to make up stuff about symtpoms and how the disease can not be diagnosed early on and stuff.

random story, but yeah. i m a good bullshitter :)

Nikhil said...

The Doctor is in the house.

Lymphoma, someone said?

;-)

Div said...

tsb - 10 page eh? and ofcourse we know u're good at bullshitting! Its a sad thing to see anyone die of cancer... and after writing 10 pages on it, i doubt that u'd have to make p symptoms and all! :-p

Nik - So doc, wat can u tell us abt lymphoma? ;-)