Sunday, September 02, 2007

Breathing...

Sept 1 - Happy birthday mommy!!!

The past 2 weeks have been like holding breath under water... (though i have hardly ever done that!)...and today, i found my way back to the surface, followed the light, re-introduced oxygen into my lungs. Breathing again. Stopped racing. The marathon is over. The sad part being this marathon doesn't matter at all in the big picture. The big-picture-marathons dare me to step in and start running. And its like I'm sitting and watching them "boo" me, jeer, make fun...beckon. Still scared to enter the arena, and fight. But still, trying to make sure I'm not dragged in by force...Anyway, i stop here!

Lesson of the week - If you know you're in for yelai sapaadu at a kalyanam, cut your nails!

I dont grow my nails...unfortunately, they happened to be un-cut during my cousin's wedding last week. And i think i ended up eating more from the table than from the yelai, thanks to all the scratches and holes my nails made on the yelai! And ofcourse, i ended up with leaf-filled green nails after each meal! Like wearing a saree wasn't enough!

My posts are getting shorter. I'm not blogging as much as i'd like to. *sigh*

Yours "extremes.."ly
Signing off...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've felt the coming-back-to-the-surface part of it too.. but.. if you don't finish the small marathons first, how can you be sure of finishing the big ones? so do they actually not matter?

And lol, the poor yelai.
" "extremes.."ly " definitely.

Div said...

I dont think the small marathons and the big ones are related... not so much. Atleast, i refuse to see any relation, even if there's a chance it exists!!! :D

Poor yelai? poor me!

Anonymous said...

and why is that?
your fault you didn't cut your nails.. and who'll pity you? poor yelai only. :P

Div said...

why is that? Dono, feels betteri guess!

I din have time to cut my nails! :P

Anonymous said...

avlo busy aitingala.. and there's a thing called biting :P

tsb said...

i dont know which is funnier.

the thought of you eating yelai saapadu or you trying to wearing a saree.

i think its the latter. thinking of yelai saapadu makes me wish that someone was getting married so i could eat good kalyaanam food :/

Vinod Ramamoorthy said...

This is why i highly recommend watching cricket match ...U will surely end up biting nails :d


keep the posts coming

Div said...

suk - i din tell u? i quit biting since i got braces. Lost the habit when they came on. And then resolved not to get back to it after they came off. Touch wood, am still stickin to it!! :) And yes, am a very busy person!

Div said...

tsb - enna adhisayam... welcome back to blogosphere! Why does everyone find it so funny that i wore a saree!!! I'm a maami after all ;)

wats so funny abt me eatin from a yelai anyway?

All u have to do to have yelai sapadu tsb, is get married yourself, if no one else is goin to do it! Am sure that shouldn be a prob for u, now that 4 years in toronto wud have made u acquinted with enough maamis for u to pick from!
:D

Div said...

vinod - Do u think i wud bite my nails for a cricket match? Now, u shud have replaced "cricket" with "football" and maybe i'd have agreed! :)

but considerin i quit biting nails (as u can see i have explained 2 comments above this one!), i don think it'd work!!

Anonymous said...

and I started biting only after my braces came off. :D

Div said...

suk - super!!!