Monday, November 20, 2006

Reminiscence

Nothing interesting to update :( But there's something all the same.

Wishes... to my cousin, Who lived with me for 4 good years, and is now having one hell of a time in the USA sleeping at 5 in the morning and all... i think i'll call him 'sleepless in Raleigh'... To Karthik - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! for the 21st of nov. Hope you have a great great day, and a lovely, less hectic, wonderful year to come! God bless.

Thinking about him makes me remember some very desperate situations in my life, for which he did the calling of the desperate measures... its like... sometimes you wonder what the hell you would have done if a few people weren't with you in life. He's one such person... always been around when one needed help. And great company when you want to have a fun conversation! I can just recall my dog bite...and how he took me staright to the doc inspite of having an exam the next day! I still remember telling him " Hey i got bitten by a dog da!" And he was studying... and he looked up and said "Yenna di solra!!" and thus started quite a tension filled, painful day! And then there were the floods...i remember the way he held my hand and dragged me to the end of my street through waist deep water wearing a helmet on his head, looking like an astronaut (though astronauts never dress in beckham jerseys and shorts!)... i would have never reached college for my exam if it werent for him! And the exam promptly got cancelled... heavens! Why talk only about the desperate situations? We had great fun too... i made him cut a slice of chocolate cake in the terrace once on his birthday... so that we could watch the sunset together! (well, it was more me dragging him to watch it then him enjoying it.. but he definitely enjoyed the cake!)...and the million and one times we stayed up late talking about some idiotic topic (which would invariably be my idea) like what is death! How does it feel to die! or about how people are when they get into relationships! or just GOSSIP. And in the process of the talking, i'd make sure he doesn't go to bed at his usual time which was around 10-10.30! He sleeps at 5.00am nowadays! Sheesh!

Anyway... when i started typing this post, i thought i was going to stop after the wish... but something changed somewhere...and i just typed on. Maybe it because i'm missing all the fun, and his presence at home...especially during exam time when i'd crib endlessly to him about how i havent studied anything! And the cribbing would change into a discussion session about something else and i'd forget that i hadn't studied! Or the opposite... he'll just walk in and say 'yenna di padikave illai nee, indha sem gone aah pinne?" and i'll get all hyper! And ofcourse all the times i'd get CRAZY at night, and open his eyes when he was sleeping...somehow, he'd never get angry or anything... he'd just smile, and sometimes even wake up to keep me company. Well, sitting at the pc always reminds me of my bro and my cousins... because we've had this 'court sharing' concept with the chair! If we want to do something together on the pc, we'd share the chair! One gets to place half a butt on it! And i'd either sit and read orkut profiles from his account with him, or see the photos of the girls he wants me to see ;-) And keep teasing him with anyone and everyone! Sigh... i could go on and on and on... and there's no use. When we start talking about people, we just can't ever stop...people just walk in and walk out of our lives...but they sometimes make such an impact, leave behind such clear imprints that we end up thinking about them very often... what they would have said, how they would have reacted, what they would have done... and this post, has been long pending. I'm glad i got down to writing it today, unexpectedly.

So thats it... i was actually planning to write about new toothbrushes and how you feel like brushing your teeth often when you get one! And i was also supposed to announce to the world that my braces are coming off in 2 months! :D suddenly, neither seem so significant... the 1st anyway was never ever significant!

So to karthik, big bro... many more happy returns. And wish you well... for life... :)

PS: The name of my football will be announced later. Enjoy the wait ;-)

GOD HELP ME THROUGH THESE EXAMS PLEASE!

Yours "Looking back"ly
Signing off.....

26 comments:

Shruti said...

aww that was touching **snff* :) really wish i had an older bro.. SOMETIMES :D
being the eldest is tough but it has its perks too ;)
and as for the braces.. congratulations!!!! :D i know how THAT feels too. hmm.. sometimes i think i cud just end up linking your posts to my blog and saying "look no further,.. thats what iwas gonna say anyway" :D and spare my self all the trouble ;) but then again, if i cant spout off my crap.. i dont think i could keep it all in . :D

Div said...

shruti - Bros are nice :) Dono how its like to have a sis though! and u bet being the eldest has its perks!

and THANKS! Abt the braces :) and wat u said abt my blog n yours, i consider a compliment! so thanks again ;-) But ofcourse we all want to read your stuff...lol. Keep it comin!

Nikhil said...

Ah, nice sweet post! :-)

I'm not this close with any of my cousins.
Come to think of it, I'm not very close to most ppl I know.
Ok, let's not go there..

Your braces are coming off? I'm happy for you, but you know my stand on girls and braces, so you are losing two points on your cuteness rating!!

And what is your football's name?

tsb said...

your cousin is vaisakh, nikhil.

thank god you're not close to him. trust me.

:scared:

Nikhil said...

Don't cuss my cousin, biatch. He's become a really great guy now.

Plus, he's a wiz with the ladies, which both of us cannot claim to be.
:shifty eyes:

tsb said...

speak for yourself.

:cough: :D

Nikhil said...

Deepika
Deepika
Deepika

Aparna
Aparna
Aparna

Need I say more?

*arches eyebrows*

Anonymous said...

Kar certainly tries to be a hard nut when he's with us. Looks like he's a jellyfish!! ;-B

Div said...

wow looks like its the ultimate quarrel ground for nik n tsb ;-)

nik - Thanks :) I thot it was a very senti post!
You just took 2 points off my cuteness rating?! There's 2 more months... n i'll have the temps for a year or so...;-) so there's time! My football's name...now now am still deciding on the alias names, so it'll come up soon! I have a naming ceremony for it scheduled in december... so its goin to be a big thing!!!

tsb - 'speak for yourself' - LOL! and looks like nik only knows 2 girls...deepika and aparna? thats it? Shall i name a few more? ;-)

anish - aah he does seem like a hard nut na? There's another side... people are complex ;-) They have walls and veils ;-) But well, the ones who get to see the other side are quite lucky.

Anonymous said...

OHO

Div said...

Anish - cha wat a bland response!

Anonymous said...

really nice post....

Div said...

thanks caulagi :) and good luck for your exams!

Anonymous said...

In would be totally inappropriate if my reply was not there for this post..In the first place i am running out of words..it has been a great beginning to this year.
I am pleased to note that there has been some character analysis goin on about me..wat hard nut..soft cocunut stuff...and anish wat made u think i m such a hard nut man???..
Also while reading these lines from divs, there is an instantaneous inflow of so many good times we have had...i am not actually able to be as expressive as i want to be...thanks to divi once again for really sweet powerpoint thing she had sent followed by a surprising blog....phew...its been a while since i commented on blogs..thanks to her for this do..

Anonymous said...

Just the way you behave when ur amongst male company gives us this " tough guy" image of you ;-P Apparently thats not the way things are!!

tsb said...

kangaroo.

i win :)

and its dipika. not deepika :@

and there was some matter there, aa :p

Nikhil said...

I refuse to trash good natured Antepodean marsupials.

Dipika.

Denny Crane.

Div said...

nik - LOL! but whoz denny crane?!

Div said...

karthik - yayy!!! Am glad u were touched ;-) It was meant for that! lol... just kidding. Hope u did have a great day! And alot of welcomes to your many thankyous! And looks like u have some sorta image outside the house! With wat anish calls 'male company'! LOL! Its ok, image maintain paniko... naan total damage paniteno? ;-)

anish - Looks like u just flirted with delusion, thanks to kar ;-) oh wait, did i just say flirt? truly sorry! Definitely not flirt... forgot its u we're talkin abt! ;-)

tsb - pah so mad abt wrong spelling huh?! Nik, how dare u spell dipika wrong! And thanks for reminding me of KANGAROO!! I had a good laugh. nik, strike back before he reveals kangaroo's identity! LOL

Anonymous said...

Now its my turn to get my image damaged ???

Div said...

anish - somehow, i knew u were goin to talk abt image damage! LOL This is fun :D

Anonymous said...

really touching post!!i haven't really been that close with any of my cousins
and even with lav..ironically i got close to her only after she left for college, but i still cried..maybe because i just missed irritating her :D

Div said...

suk - u cried? Lav should so know this! n getting close to people after they leave is something thats happened with alot of people with respect to me... way too many! But its ok... better late than never! ;-)

Anonymous said...

heeyy..she cried too and i cried in front of er only so she knows..she cried while we were going in the car and while we left her in the hostel..ok i guess i've embarassed her enough :D

Div said...

suk - yeah, neat job!

Anonymous said...

thank you ;)and i updated !