Friday, May 25, 2007

Disconnected

I need a break....

For how much longer is my room going to look like this?


For how much longer is my pin-up-board going to look like this? (well, i've been wanting to do something nice to it for ages, but it remains. Scattered pictures, keychains, writings, football... *sigh*) Nik and caulagi, i think you can see the keychains you gave me :) i just noticed!

Exams are such a bore... :( And we never stop complaining. I am currently addicted to Nila Kaigirathu on the pc, and still, only hope, on the player. I have started liking Siddharth more than i already used to, and i don't mind Genelia anymore. I'm waiting my brains off for pirates 3, and am hoping next weekend is going to be something i never forget. But ofcourse that'll depend on a number of happenings! In the past few days, my eyes look like they just got bigger, and my hair looks like it got longer. But one can never be sure when one is going to turn bald. The heat seems to be coming down, but you can never tell with Chennai. It looks like its going to rain every morning, but its just a delusion. The sun fights off all the clouds by 11am. You have such long waits in life sometimes, that you feel like ditching the thing you're waiting for all together, and just living the moment. But that doesn't ever happen. The things that make you happy become inaccessible almost everytime you need them, but surprises still happen. The gulmohar outside my window is quite beautiful. I've learnt how to tie a saree. The bus ride back home today was one of those floaty ones...when i'm half singing, half humming, fully smiling. I love it when kids wave to buses, but i've never gotten myself to wave back. Its happenign again - my mother's not around and i feel like cleaning each centimetre of dust in the house even though i'm supposed to be studying. Wonder why i never bother when she's here. I burnt my breakfast yesterday. I've got used to wearing my retainers, and eating with them on. Peacock feathers look nice on the wall.
4 down, 2 to go. And am already in the holiday mood.
Yours "wanting to be disconnected...from everything"ly
Signing off...

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

the heat s def gotten to u!

Anonymous said...

oh that was me

Div said...

lavanya - don u know me enough by now? do u think there really needs to be HEAT to get to me for me to write something like that! *sigh* divya, at your serice!

Nikhil said...

Ah.. that Jan 20 keychain !!
Sweet that you still have it!

Div said...

nik - What wud i do? chuck it? :P

Nikhil said...

You could have lost it by now.. or,
not have hung it on your pinupboard..

Div said...

nik - right! Do u lose your gifts nik? ;-)

Nikhil said...

I lost one or two when I was shifting from one state to another..

But I still have most of mine! Including your supergoodawesome Lion King one !

Nikhil said...

BTW, what is a retainer ?!
Is it some sort of a sexy dress? Are you one of those rare girls who like to look sexy when eating breakfast?
*grin*

Div said...

nik - I never told u this, but i felt like keeping the lion king :D But well, u're the leo... so..:)And i also have the horse keychain u gave me.

to your next comment - LOL!!!! Sexy dress? Nik! Why would have i prob eating wearing a dress, sexy or not? Heavens...lol. Retainers are wires u wear on your teeth once get your braces off! Some contrast to your assumption?! You have to take em off everytime u eat, but thats such a pain cuz once they're out of your mouth, they should be in water. I cant afford to do that everytime i eat something, considering i keep eating something or the other all the time...so i started eating with them on! *yuck*?! Imagine going out for dinner n then having to remove them n place them in a bowl of water or something! No one wud eat at the table anymore! In the beginning, i could feel no taste cuz the retainer covers half of the upper palate of the mouth, but now i've got used to it! And i take it off only when i brush ;-) ok, am sure u din need so many details, but i just had to prove am not wearing a sexy dress at breakfast! :P

Div said...

nikhil - for your better understanding, some absolutely gross pictures -

http://www.archwired.com/images/Me_In_Retainers.jpg

http://www.archwired.com/images/My_Retainers.jpg

Now u know why i wouldn want to remove them when other people wish to eat a meal peacefully ;P

Nikhil said...

Is that you in the pictures ??

You have sexy retainers

*ROTFL*

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Div said...

nik - NO!

Nikhil said...

Hey, jokes aside, did you know that I was supposed to be condemned to 6 months or so of wearing braces ??

Then the dentist took another look, thought a lot, and said that we'd for some more time, since I didn't have any outward manifestations.

Not joking, true story.

Div said...

nik - I din know that. You din tell me! I'd have been happy to accept u as a braces buddy ;-) Anyway, u escaped the ordeal i guess. Quite a pain. Btw the 'outward manifestations' do occur even at later stages, so keep checkin! Serious, nitya's got retainers now for that. So we're both retainer-buddies! :D But its weird, i never thot someone like nilesh wud ever need braces... he's been wearing them for quite sometime now. But i don really rmbr your teeth, so well.. ;-)

Why're we having such a dental conversation here?!

Dinvra igaluaC said...

1 more to go...........

Div said...

caulagi - yeah :( waiting!

Nikhil said...

Oh damn, really?
Hmm, maybe I'll go again after six months, then..!

Div said...

nik - yep, u better go! God it'll be so weird to see u in braces ;-)

Nikhil said...

why weird?
I'll just get cuter.. LOL
Remember my braces-cute rule ?!

Nikhil said...

Oh, and BTW, I have a very cute dentist..
And she hardly looks older than 25..
Haha!!

Div said...

nik - i never knew the braces cute rule applied for guys too! lol... if u ever get em, u better send me a pic! With the mouth full of metal ;-) And i dono wat it is with dentists n lookin cute! My dentist...hmm, he's quite smart looking, and ofcourse, has perfectly aligned teeth! And he used to joke also once in a while, in the most inconvenient situ (read - when his hand is in my mouth and i cant say a word to counter his comment if i have to refrain from biting him!)

Nikhil said...

Biting him ?

Oooooh

Girl, you are nas-tay !!

*evil grin*

:-)

Nikhil said...

And the braces cute rule applies to only girls.

You are right.

I'd look weird.

Div said...

nik - knew the *evil grin* wud be coming up! :P

Have u seen 'there's something abt mary'? Cameroon Diaz finds the guy cute cuz he wears braces!