Thursday, May 10, 2007

xerox

My nights are becoming sleepless...
My days are becoming useless...
So i asked God... "is this love?"
God said...
"idiot, your semester exams are nearing!"

Its that time of the year... you get the same text msgs on your cell... but they always make you smile. You'd have read the same sms' before your exams the previous sem, hardly 4 months back, still, anything that jokes about your present situation, makes you smile! That, was one such!

From very keen analysis, I presented some very useful results to my fellow classmates, struggling and broken hearted! I told them all... that since our STUDY holidays began, the most commonly used word happens to be xerox, and the most commonly used phrase happens to be God save or Kadavul daan kapathanum! I don't think i need to to talk abt what response i got! :D Considering i spent 500 Rs on paying up pending xerox bills...and that reminds me that one of my classmates keeps saying "its not xerox, its photocopy! Xerox is just a company!!". But well, we all stick to xerox! So maybe the scope for English language within our circle is quite limited to very few words and phrases before, and during exams! Of course another very commonly used word now happens to be HEAT! And the same heat is blamed for anything and everything that goes worng... "I slept for 3 hours, damn the heat!", "I'm feeling so hungry/thirsty/bored/groggy/looney/, damn the heat!" *sigh*

You do weird things during study holidays. Example? I watched the ManU vs Chelsea EPL match, just because i heard ManU were going to lift the cup after the match. I didn't watch the whole match, but i watch the 2nd half. Just to see them lift that cup and see the smiles and the euphoria... but what happened? It was 2.30am, and the match got over, and 2nd half analysis started, and there was no cup. And when i said "you made me stay awake to see them lift it, where's the cup?", i was told "You got to watch a good match man!" LIKE HELL! Whoever was responsible for that...you definitely know you're being talked about :P I just felt like mentioning it!! :D I'll remember that incident for as long as i can!

There you go... boring sessions, trying-to-study sessions, lets-get-rid-of-boredom-by-thinking-up posts-for-the-blog sessions... a week more, before the adrenalin rush. So in our own style i say... God save!

And.. wish me luck please!

Last thing... Vinay, For you in blue, Happy birthday! For May 12th. Have a great day, and a lovely year ahead. Play loadsa football! And one more wish... Sandhya's mom... Happy birthday aunty! Hope you liked all the stuff your daughter made you, am sure she enjoyed doing it all without studying ;-) Ok sand, chill!

Yours "Need training on how to waste time?Contact ME!"ly
Signing off....

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol, that sms was funny. I remember you wrote a post on text msgs during your last sem. study hols., well at least you have a good laugh, even if you don't study. and I thought that the most commonly used word would perhaps be study-just for motivation sake or boring- to express reality :P
But then I guess it's a time when the xerox shops make most business, good for them.
Man U vs Chelsea match is worth watching irrespective of whether you have study hols, hols or college or exams. and besides you wasted only 50 odd mins out of 24 hrs. so it's ok. lol heat gets the blame for everything eh? well you have to blame something and in chennai in summer the only thing that's most prominent is heat. Like it said in the hindu complementary paper today- if it's summer it's chennai. :P and you def. have been updating a lot more because you have study hols so all the best!:D

Div said...

suk - I still stick to xerox being most commonly used! Using the word study doesn contribute to motivation! And after comin to college, the word motivation maked me laugh cuz of the context its used in by some of our lecturers! ManU vs Chelsea match with all their lead players missing is a little too much in the early hours of the morning when you've wasted practically the whole day doing nothing, and studied only for 3 or 4 hours, that too with music playing in the background! sheesh! so well - :(. And it sure is hot. And u don have to remind me that am updating often!! Damn! :P

prajyot said...

hi this is prajyot m frm goa....this is my debut visit to ur blog...liked it a lot..especially the current topic XEROX...
even the poem i liked a lot..cozz it applies to me too..as m an fnal yr student of computer engg...he he...

well i added ur url link to my friendlist on my blog....

do visit my blog....

happy blogging....

Div said...

prajyot - welcome :) and thankyou! Will pay your blog a visit.

Ananya said...

Hmm....Looks like I've decided to be generous and pay your blog a visit again!

Well...here I am..waiting to be trained on how to waste time, but something tells me I'm not going to like your tips! ;p

And Divs, at least the rest of us(me more specifically) do it only for a week (the one when we ACTUALLY have exams and NOT when we have study hols!), so for US.. the word is STUDY!!! More specifically something along the lines of FLUNK! The XEROX word comes befoere it on the last day of the semester when everyone's pitting their athletic talents t reach the xerox store down the road first before it resembles the platform at Central (once compressed to 1/10th of it's size with the same no. of people) OR negotiating with the guy at the DTP centre on campus and cursing the 'blessed' rules!

And you can't NOT blame the heat!!! It's oppressive! And it sucks the living breath out of you! ;P

Ananya said...

Oh and I forgot...love the poem! A big THANK YOU for not making it philosophical! And how can I forget this...ALL THE BEST! Study! And then I'll give you horror stories of MY end sems(the ones that got over a month back)

Div said...

ananya - Maybe we sit up and get alert a few days before the ady before the exam! So XEROX is that word, still. 'Flunk' will come once the exams start. Study will come closer to the date. But now, considering we're still 'collecting' notes for all our subjects from various foreign author books and students from other colleges... whew, its xerox!

I dont think i'm giving you any tips ;-) You could play with droopy...err snoopy! :P and dodo and scamper!

The poem wasnt written by me, so no philosophy there! I dont see how i cud make that philosophical anyway :D and THANKS! I so wish these exams wud fly past! Anyway, you're end sems should have been a horror considerin u already got admitted into your next course!

Ananya said...

Hehe...horror is to put it too mildly...I fell asleep writing them! And these are all 3 hour long papers with essay (imagine writing 1200 word answers!) type questions that require you to be awake enough to sufficiently crap!

Div said...

ananya - whatever the pattern of an exam paper, exams are always BORING, and need to be abolished for the betterment of mankind!

Anonymous said...

Lol! correction- you saw the match at 'round 2:30 so that day has just started :P sorry for the mokkai couldn't help it. studying for 3 to 4 hrs even with music in the background when you have ONE week to go is more than enough. You can get the rest of the studying done before the exam. I know I don't have to remind you but it's missing too much pleasure if I don't :D It's so much fun to know that you're trying so hard to study and , even though I do have homework,I'm doing everything but studying and that too without any guilt :D:P

Div said...

suk - don u dare compare HOMEWORK to exams! argh!

Anonymous said...

loll divs i stl remembr dat day onln wen wer wer tlkn bout studies n u tld me ive done some analysis, i so thot it was bout studies,n den u tld me bout dat whole analysis on xrx n all it was so funny,n even wen i said prnout again ur mnd went only 2 notes not pics loll dese xams does weird things 2 us,has der been atlst 1 phn call ovr d past 1 wk wer we havnt used d wrd xrx atlst once,nah,har zubaan par xerox xerox,yaar n thnk God we dnt say photocpy crap iamgin d no. of times we use d wrd in a day,xrx is far bettr loll n thnks a lot 4 wishng amma,ill tell her da ;)n dnt make me feel bad by sayn all dat,makn it widout studyn loll ive heard nough of dat frm her itself,n yaa d oder fav phrase so der i go again "God save"

Div said...

sandy - photocopy is way too long! :) Lol...i sent an sms to everyone abt my analysis! and the response was overwhelming man...! They were all so happy and agreed so wholeheartedly! The irony that binds us all together...lol!