Saturday, January 07, 2006

Tina and some things that are unforgettable

I don't know why i'm writing this post. I'm not even jobless. And i had told myself that i wasn't going to post for sometime... but i hate it when blogs are dead, even though thats temporary. Anyway... this post is quite personal.

Anyone who saw the album i'd sent through yahoo photos would have noticed this kid...called Tina. Shez there in most of the pics. I've seen her since she was 6months old...wow. Now... she's 11 i think. This usually happens with siblings...but she's not my sibling. Yet, there's something about her. When i talk to her, i become her age. And her parents and mine were making fun of us... about her thinking i'm her age, and me behaving that way... but there's some pleasure... in making her juice when she comes from school... or frying her samosas...playing pillow fight with her...and watching some kid movie called 'cat in the hat' which she insists rocks...LOL. Its funny...never felt like spending time with any kid ever before...I watched harry potter with her today (my 3rd time, her 1st). Just both of us and one huge bucket of popcorn in an empty theatre... it was wow. I don't even know why i'm saying this. And this...is the the first post i'm writing with reference to a person. Damn.

Another thing... my mom left chennai on august 30th,2005. And...her birthday's on 1st sept. I wanted to do something desperately... i bought her a saree (dragging nidhee along), wrapped it...waited for her to sleep. And then, opened her suticase...and slipped it in. She was to leave the following morning. There's some excitement in doing such things you know...secretly. I smiled like hell when she told me how surprised she was and how she was dying to open it ( i told her she couldn't open it till 1st n she actually stuck to that!) When i reached here,i was pushing my trolley and i saw her. I didn't see her face...i saw the saree she was wearing. It was the one i'd given her. Even though i'd expected it...i still couldn't believe she wore it... and i couldn't stop smiling for a very long time. Mothers i tell you...No, i cant tell you. Describing with words would be impossible...would be injustice...and would make me go hay wire. Hence, i stop.
Thus... to the 2 people in nairobi i dedicate this post to...or is it the 2 people in my life? To Tina... and to my mom. God bless you...

Signing off...

10 comments:

tsb said...

yeah...i remember behaving like a 5 yr old kid with my cousin's son.
nilesh has seen my cousin's son...amazing fun playing with him.

tsb said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
tsb said...

oh...and i remember getting my mother a saree for some reason.
she hated that colour but she still wore it.
and also teased me for choosing a colour like that
though what the hell would i know...i thought all girls like pink?
damn...

tribanga said...

aww divs, i think this has inspired me to write my next post..

i loved the bear by the way!!! so huge and huggy!!!! :D

hey, post is touching di..makes us think about wonderful experiences that we have had...as tsb illustrated..what colour did you get your mum anyway??

Div said...

Yeah tsb/// u told me abt behaving like a 5 yr old! And lol... pink's not always the best colour for women!! Maybe for girls... u can buy that for your daughter ;-)!!

Anu... am happy this inspired your next post.. and yes, charlie's huge and cute!! I love him... The saree i got my mother was light blue... hehe!

Maharaj Nilesh ki jai ho! said...

such a nice post.....i can't believe m riting this. usually i don't ...
makin fun is my type but there was no space for makin fun but to appreciate.
anyways...u guys are lucky that u all know ur cuz's well..i barely know who all are my cuz's....!!

Div said...

That indeed is a compliment... that nil's not able to make fun of it!

Anonymous said...

hey diva
very nice post da well n i luv spending time with kids n playng wid dem n stf n u suddenly feel like u jus wanna get rid of all d stress n get bk 2 ur childhood days na!!!
chal hav fun in kenya !!!

Maharaj Nilesh ki jai ho! said...

i'll get ya divya,,,next time. every dog has its day...but i ain't that species of dog...but i'll havea better day!

Div said...

hey sand... yeah, kids rock! I know u have alot of experience in playin around with your niece...n Nil, i really din understand wat u were sayin....